Thank you to all our volunteers!
Warwick McKenzie (email@example.com) is our Roster Manager. He issues a Roster via Google Sheets for volunteers to indicate their availability every 12 weeks or so. Please fill-in your available dates with a Y, and then note these dates in your diary. By filling-in these dates you are committing yourself to Volunteering at Sailability on those mornings.
If you have rostered yourself on, you will:
- Receive a reminder email in the week preceding that date.
- Call 02 9976 2747 for a message early in the morning of that date to check that Sailing is viable. We do not sail if it is raining heavily in Manly, or if the wind is too strong for us to sail that day.
- If you find that you are not on the roster, but have some free time, please come and join us, as we can always use an extra hand or two.
- If you find that you are not available, please take yourself off the roster by deleting the Y for that day, and let Warwick know.
- Please arrive at Manly Yacht Club, downstairs by 8:30 am, sign the Attendance Sheet and ID yourself for the Covid Safe website. We usually finish our Sailing Sessions by around 1:00 pm.
Working With Children Checks
A Working With Children Check is compulsory for all Sailability Volunteers.
To register for a Working With Children Check:
- Go into the Working With Children Check NSW website.
- Fill in the form.
- The website will issue you with an Application Form.
- Take this form (either a hard copy or an electronic copy) to your nearest Service NSW Centre with your ID. This is your current passport or an original Birth Certificate and 2 other forms of ID (driving license, a current utility bill, etc). You will need to present these at the counter.
- You will receive your Working With Children Check Number within a few days.
- Please forward this document to firstname.lastname@example.org to be verified as soon as you have received it.
Want to get involved?
Learn more about volunteering with Sailability Manly.